|Spring 2004||Page 8 of 10||Previous Page | Next Page|
|Yankee Board Meeting Minutes|
Monday, March 15, 2004
Meeting convened at 7:10
Board attendees: Judy Katalina, Ann Riedl, Lora Loyall, Joe Loyall, Paul Santos, Debbie Finnigan, Helen Taylor Other attendees: Tom Sweeney
Minutes from last meeting:
Paul asked how much of a spike we get from championships. Judy said not much and she expects we will get more registrations this year without championships.
Judy had looked to get an idea of who hasn't renewed this year. There are about 750 people from last year that haven't renewed (meaning that we have about that many new members). She saw a lot of younger members, some that moved, and a few that she doesn't know what happened to them.
Coed and UVolley at Nationals need to have a certified referee on their roster. There are going to be a number of referees out there (including Judy, Patty and Bobby Desmaisons, Chris Johnson, and Patty Lavoie-Beebee).
Web editor Report:
We discussed the non-sanctioned tournaments, mostly charity tournaments being run lately. We decided to contact TDs running charity tournaments, remind them that they can go through the draft, in the fall they don't need refs, can add tournaments afterward, and encourage them to get sanctioning for their tournaments.
Joe will write a note about how TDs who go through the system help support Yankee and those that run charity tournaments endanger them. If people want to support charity they can make a donation. Encourage the Yankee membership to support the Yankee organization, which is a non-profit. Encourage the membership to encourage the TDs that are running charity tournaments to do so through the Yankee. Mention the charity tournaments that are drafted (e.g., Rolf/Amy Anderson and Brenda Freese).
We discussed the Annual meeting and whether we should have a summer party. Judy will put out a message to the BAVP to see if she can get some interest and volunteers. If we're going to do it, we need to grab a date soon. Tom suggested the Hudson Elks, Hudson MA, which he said has a lot of space, a covered pavilion. The party would be free for members, $5 for guests. We won't provide alcohol, Judy will check with Dave to see whether people can bring their own. Tentative date is June 12.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, April 27.
Meeting adjourned at 8:08.
|Volleyball New England is produced and maintained by Dale Wiggins (firstname.lastname@example.org)|